The IAEA and Iran have agreed to hold a technical meeting in Tehran on 15 April 2015. The IAEA delegation will be headed by Tero Varjoranta, Deputy Director General and Head of the Department of Safeguards. The two sides will discuss the continuation of the implementation of the Framework for Cooperation. For special coverage of IAEA inspection activities , including reports, statements and media coverage in relation to the application of IAEA safeguards in Iran visit the IAEA website.
IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano Introductory Statement to Board of Governors – Monitoring and Verification Activities in Iran, March 2, 2015.
IAEA and Iran: Chronology of Key Events in 2015
- 13, Monday. IAEA and Iran to Hold Technical Meeting in Tehran on 15 April 2015. The IAEA and Iran have agreed to hold a technical meeting in Tehran on 15 April 2015. Press Release
- 3, Friday. IAEA Director General Speaks to BBC About Lausanne Agreement. IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano gave a live interview to BBC World News to share the IAEA’s views on the 2 April 2015 agreement between E3+3 and Iran on key parameters for a Comprehensive Plan of Action on Iran’s nuclear programme. Video
- 2, Thursday. IAEA Director General Welcomes Lausanne Announcement. IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano issued the following statement regarding the announcement by E3+3 and Iran in Lausanne. Press Release
- 23, Monday. IAEA Director General Urges Iran to Clarify Nuclear Concerns. Iran needs to help clarify concerns about possible military dimensions to its nuclear programme but progress so far has been limited, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said in Washington. Full Story | DG Statement
- 17, Tuesday. Communication from Iran. The IAEA circulated a communication from the Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran (issued as INFCIRC/873), with an explanatory note by the Permanent Mission on the report of the Director General onImplementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and Relevant Provisions of Security Council Resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran contained in document GOV/2015/15 (19 February 2015). INFCIRC/873
- 10, Tuesday. IAEA Statement. Following last month’s meeting between Director General Amano and Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif and the follow-up discussions between the Director General and Deputy Foreign Minister Araghchi, the IAEA and Iran met on 9 March 2015 in Tehran and discussed the continuation of the implementation of the Framework for Cooperation. Press Release
- 4, Wednesday. IAEA and Iran to Hold Technical Meeting in Tehran. The IAEA and Iran have agreed to hold a technical meeting in Tehran on 9 March 2015. Press Release
- 2, Monday. IAEA Board of Governors Convenes. The first meeting of the IAEA Board of Governors for the year has commenced at the Agency’s Headquarters in Vienna, Austria. The 35-nation Board will discuss various issues, including the Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and Relevant Provisions of Security Council Resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Director General Yukiya Amano opened the meeting with a statement. Full Story | DG Statement | Video: DG Statement | Photo Gallery: Board of Governors | Photo Gallery: Press Briefing | IAEA Board Report, 19 February 2015 | Media Advisory, 23 February 2015
- 24, Tuesday. IAEA Statement Following Meeting with Iran. IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano met with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister S. Abbas Araghchi at the IAEA headquarters in Vienna. Press Release
- 19, Thursday. Iran Safeguards Reports Circulated to IAEA Board. IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano circulated his report on nuclear safeguards in Iran to the Agency’s Board of Governors, the 35-member policymaking body. The Board next convenes in Vienna on 2 March 2015. IAEA Board Report
For more information see here.