As part of the celebrations for the International Year of Small Island Developing States the UN is looking for images that showcase the beauty and richness of this group of countries. You can enter photos under three categories: culture, environment and development.
The best pictures will become part of the UN library and used for media materials seen all over the world. They will also be exhibited at the Third Conference on Small Island Developing States in Apia, Samoa.
- Please send your photograph to email@example.com with the category as the subject line.
- You will need to provide a caption of up to 80 words on where it was taken, what is happening in the shot, what inspired you to take it, any technical details if pertinent.
- You must also supply your full name with the caption.
- All files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- The closing date for entries is June 5 2014.