Amy’s Gran Fondo is a popular annual cycling event in Lorne, Victoria, Australia. The event is named after Amy Gillett, an Australian Olympic cyclist tragically killed while cycling in Germany in 2005. The event aims to promote safe cycling and raise funds for the Amy Gillett Foundation, committed to reducing the number of cycling fatalities and injuries in Australia.
The event includes various rides to cater to cyclists of all experience and fitness levels. These include:
- Gran Fondo: This is the main ride, which covers a distance of 120 km and includes challenging climbs and descents. It is designed for experienced cyclists and is a timed event.
- Medio Fondo: This ride covers a distance of 45 km and is designed for intermediate-level cyclists looking for a challenge.
- Piccolo Fondo: This shorter ride covers a distance of 14 km and is designed for beginners or those who want a more relaxed cycling experience.
- Family Fondo: This ride is aimed at families and covers a distance of 14 km. It is a leisurely ride that is suitable for all ages and abilities.
The event typically occurs in late August or early September, attracting thousands of cyclists from around Australia and overseas. In addition to cycling, a range of other activities and entertainment are on offer, including food stalls, live music, and a cycling expo.
If you’re interested in participating in Amy’s Gran Fondo event, we share key event times & information below. So you can attend this event.
Amy’s Gran Fondo event 2023 date & times:
Amy’s Gran Fondo Rider Chip Pickup:
Gran Fondo Collection times are, SAT September 10, 10am – 5pm, or the morning of SUN September 11 6am – 7:15am, prior to the Gran Fondo starting.
amy’s medio fondo rider chip pickup:
Please note your timing chips will be in LORNE Saturday at the Lorne Information Centre 10 am – 5 pm, then Apollo Bay Start Line Sunday 8 am – 10:45 am before the ride starts at 11:00 am.
surf coast shire family fondo – rider plate sunday pickup:
surf coast shire family fondo riders can collect their rider numbers from the lorne information centre from 8am to 10am prior to starting at 10:15 am.
surf coast shire gravel fondo – saturday startline pickup:
rider chips will be available for collection at the start line, allensvale rd car park before starting at 10:30am saturday 11 september.
GTA 5 Cheat Codes For PS4 And PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, And PC Console
who can enter amy’s gran fondo event?
- All events: Anyone who meets the age criteria.
- Gran Fondo: 16yrs as of 31 December 2022.
- Medio Fondo: 12yrs as of 31 December 2022.
- Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo: Anyone satisfied will meet the 18km/hr minimum average speed criteria needed to complete the course within the road-closure period.
- Family Fondo: 6yrs as of 31 December 2022. (Children in tag along and bike seats excepted)
What is the minimum age for riders?
- 130km Amy’s gran fondo: = 16 years old
- 45km medio fondo: = 12 years old
- 45km Amy’s gravel fondo: = 12 years old
- 11km family fondo: = 6 years old (children in tag along and bike seats excepted)